Welcome to Jefferson School District 251! We are located in Rigby, Idaho, which is approximately 90 miles from Jackson Hole, WY, Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. Currently we have over 5,500 students in six elementary schools, one middle school, and two high schools making us the twelfth largest district in the state.
Jefferson School District 251 would like to invite you to view the 2017 Solar Eclipse here in Rigby, Idaho. According to GreatAmericanEclipse.com, the Snake River Valley is one of the top ten places in the country to view the Eclipse. The duration of totality in Rigby will be 2 minutes and 19 seconds, one of the largest viewing times in the country. So come and enjoy the Eclipse, Rigby, and the greater Yellowstone area while supporting the local children. All of the proceeds from this event will go to support our nine schools in Jefferson County.
The school district will be opening up dry RV camping for the Eclipse. Camping reservations are for three nights. Check in starts at 12pm, August 19, and check out is 12:00pm, on August 22. Your ticket includes access to the football stadium for comfortable viewing of the Eclipse and free busing to and from Rigby Eclipse Day activities on Main Street and back to Rigby High School. The pick-up and drop-off locations will be posted on the district web-page.
One ticket reserves one 20′ X 50′ dry camping/viewing space with a unique bar code that will be scanned at the event’s entrance. The cost is $250 plus processing fees. Do not duplicate your ticket. If a copy of this ticket is made, the first scanned ticket will allow entry and any subsequent tickets will be denied access. Event staff can verify the legitimate buyer by checking photo ID; all customers should bring a credit card and photo ID to the event. No exchanges, refunds, and/or rain checks. All reservations are final.
Rules and Regulations: By purchasing this ticket, you and your party agree to the following rules and regulations.
- Check in starts at 12pm, August 19, and check out is 12:00pm, August 22.
- No alcohol, drugs, smoking/vaping, or weapons are allowed on school grounds.
- No ATVs off trailers.
- No tent camping.
- No unruly behavior.
- No littering.
- No fires or charcoal fires.
- No driving on schoolyards and grass.
- Speed limit for school grounds is 5 mph.
- Dogs must be on a leash and owner is responsible for cleaning up after their animals.
- All RVs and vehicles must be parked in their designated spot.
- Campers will keep campsites clean.
- Quiet hours from 10pm to 8am. No generators during this time.
- The holder of this ticket assumes all responsibilities for any risk of bodily harm or loss of property sustained while attending this attraction, for themselves and party members, and waives all rights to lay claim for damages resulting from any cause whatsoever either before, during, or after attending the attraction.
Jefferson Joint School District 251 and its officers reserve the right to decline, suspend or otherwise cancel the service provided under extraordinary circumstances including but not limited to violation of campus rules, violation of local, state, or federal laws, circumstances relating to the safety of any guest or employee, and/or acts of nature. Owners will be towed at their expense, by Stallings Towing, 208-339-4869. Failure to follow campsite rules and regulations will result in the contacting of local law enforcement and a fine by the school district.
Links to surrounding vacation spots: